SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
To configure JMS with SSL following step should be followed.
- Open the BW project in Designer and create a folder by name ‘Certificates’ under Shared Resources folder.
- While selecting the ‘Certificates’ folder, click on Tools > Trusted Certificates > Import into PEM format and select the .p7b certificate provided for the target EMS server.
3. Use SSL provider url : eg ssl://>servername>:<port>
4. Check the ‘Use SSL’ checkbox.
5. Click on the ‘Configure SSL’ button and select the ‘Certificates’ folder
6. For best Practice use Global variable “BW_GLOBAL_TRUSTED_CA_STORE” which contain certificate folder path and use as trusted certificate path e-g
For windows: BW_GLOBAL_TRUSTED_CA_STORE=file:///c:/certificate
For Linux: BW_GLOBAL_TRUSTED_CA_STORE=file:////home/certificate
7. Test the connection